NHS organisations in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland (LLR) have published the Better Care Together ‘Next steps to better care in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland’.
The report has been produced by the three NHS trusts and three clinical commissioning groups in LLR working alongside a range of partners including local councils who work together to improve services in order to secure better health outcomes for the whole population.
The Next Steps document:
· provides an update on the progress already made to deliver high quality, sustainable services.
· sets out a refreshed strategic direction which responds to the feedback on initial proposals and the actual experience of services
· summarises plans for priority areas like cancer, mental health and general practice
· explains how NHS organisations are working together, and in partnership with others, in a more integrated way that is focused on doing the right thing for local people not necessarily individual organisations
· describes the ongoing work to develop care services, for example some community services and hospitals.